My retirement is successful because…
Caregiving Matters is pleased to announce an inter-generational, innovative technology-based project that is inspired and led by seniors which showcases and celebrates older adults mentoring others about their expertise, best practices, experiences, knowledge and wisdom about successful retirements.
Successful retirements are no accident. They require planning, adapting to change and being open to new opportunities and ideas. This project will engage seniors and isolated seniors who are already retired. It will also engage those not yet retired to be mentored by seniors who have created successful retirement strategies for themselves. Successful retirements are important because they support lifelong well-being and the continued inclusion and engagement in society.
The key project elements are:
- Produce a series of podcasts (taped telephone interviews) with seniors who wish to share their retirement success stories. They will talk about what keeps them busy, socially engaged and what advice they have to share with others.
Listen to the Podcast
- Produce a full day of workshops in King Township, Ontario on Sunday September 27, 2015, with retirement experts and retirees talking about what they see as important components to having a successful retirement. During the workshop, we will be filming the presentations in order to produce website videos that will further extend the reach and sustainability of the live event.
Watch the Workshop Videos
- A new section on our website will be created where retirees are invited to share their stories and post pictures of their retirements.
WANT TO GET INVOLVED? We are actively looking for:
- People we can interview for a podcast about their successful retirements. We will do the interviews on the telephone and each will take about 30 minutes. We will never mention last names or where people live. We are excited that people will share their stories, that is what really counts.
- People who wish to post stories and pictures of their retirements on our website.
- If you have suggestions to promote this project idea and to get more people talking and thinking about successful retirements, please let us know.
To learn more about this project, please contact:
Mary Bart, Chair, Caregiving Matters at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call her direct line at: 905-939-2931.
This project is funded with thanks to the Government of Canada’s New Horizons for Seniors Program.