Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts |
Podcast Transcript – Shirley Roberts
Shirley Roberts combines her business skills with her life experiences to share several important recommendations for our audience when taking on the role of attorney for personal care (or more commonly known as a Substitute Decision Marker or POA for personal care).
Shirley shares her wisdom on excelling as an Attorney for Personal Care by discussing:
What do attorneys for personal care need to do to get ready for their role?
- Learn what the role of an attorney for personal care is, and when their authority begins and ends
- Learn how to access a loved one’s Power of Attorney for Personal Care
- Prepare for Emergencies
What strategies spare individuals with Attorney for Personal Care unnecessary anxiety?
- Learn to keep family harmony
- Encourage parents and your spouse to make early preparations for end-of-life
- Encourage parents and your spouse to make and pay for funeral arrangements
How can an Attorney for Personal Care become a good advocate?
To be a good advocate as an Attorney for Personal Care, we need to take on a leadership role over the care and well-being of our parents or spouse.
This Podcast is sponsored by:
About Shirley Roberts, MBA
Shirley Roberts is a graduate of the Ivey School of Business. She ran her own consulting firm, Market-Driven Solutions Inc., before becoming a published author and a consumer trend-spotter, whose research and advice were sought by media and large corporations. Shirley was a board member of Parkinson Society Canada from 2006-2009 and was the primary caregiver of her mother for seven years.
Doris Inc. A Business Approach to Caring for Your Elderly Parents
Proven strategies for finding balance in your life and career while maximizing the quality of life for an elderly person
When Shirley Roberts’ father passed away, her life and career were put on hold as the demands of caring for her elderly mother, Doris, began consuming more and more of her time and energy. Using her business prowess, Shirley, with the help of her financial advisor brother, developed Doris Inc. Using their business skills, they found ways to maintain their own lives and careers while ensuring that their mother received top-notch care. Much of their success has come from sound management practices and an original financial forecasting tool tailored for elders. In this heartfelt, beautifully written book, Shirley offers sage advice on how to cope with the emotional roller coaster of eldercare, along with proven care and financial planning strategies and tools that have worked so well for her.
- Features concrete lessons and proven strategies for handling the challenges of eldercare; making tough decisions, finding help, reducing stressful crises and planning for the high costs of eldercare
- Offers practical guidance to avoid sacrificing your own life while providing the best care for your loved ones
- Tips on confronting and planning for your own golden years to ensure that you’ll have a fulfilling life after retirement and that those who’ll be caring for you won’t be overly burdened
email@example.com Visit Website