Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Podcast Transcript – Arlene Blake
Arlene Blake is a lawyer practicing in Alberta. She helps us understand some of the Power of Attorney issues that she deals with for her clients. Throughout our conversation, she talks about:
- What should I do to ensure my finances are taken care of in the event I lose the ability to manage them on my own?
- What is the name of the document created for this purpose?
- How do I decide who to give the power to, and what is that person called in the document? What if something happens to my Attorney?
- Can I give authority to someone when I still have the mental capacity to make my own decisions, but no longer have the same mobility?
- What duty does the Attorney have towards me and my finances?
- What if I don’t want my Attorney to have unrestricted powers over my finances?
- Can I revoke the document? And if so, how?