Mark is a health care and elder law Attorney and he has also litigated more end-of-life cases than any another lawyer in Canada. He is Counsel to Whaley Estate Litigation and a part time Member of Ontario’s Human Rights Tribunal. Mark joins our project to help raise the awareness of how important it is for families to have conversations about end-of-life issues. During our podcast he shares some of his experience and insights about Advance Directives, including:
- What is an Advance Directive?
- Why do I need an Advance Directive for personal care?
- What happens if I don’t have an Advance Directive?
- Who do I choose to make my end-of-life decisions?
- What’s the most important information to put into an Advance Directive?
- My family does not like to talk about death and dying. How do I raise the topic?