Kat Downey is founder and owner of a company called “Legacy Matters”. She leverages her skills as a licensed Funeral Director to help families with their pre-planning funeral needs.
We are honoured that Kat has joined our project to share some of her years of experience and wisdom in order to give our audience a better understanding of some of the basic questions we all have about funerals.
During our podcast, Kat addresses the following questions:
- I thought cremation was cheaper than burial? Right?
- How is my money protected if I prepay my funeral?
- Do I have to have a casket if I am going to be cremated?
- Can I prepay the funeral for my dad if he has Alzheimer’s?
- Can I prepay my funeral over time or do I have to pay it all at once?
- I heard the funeral home has to guarantee the future cost – is this true?
- What happens if I died away from home?