Predatory marriages of seniors is a very real and important topic in our society today. Lawyer Steven Benmor helps us understand some of the complicated and stressful issues that families face. This is an emotional-packed topic that we should all be more aware of.
Steven’s insights shed some light on this issue and helps us better understand how the laws in Ontario deal with these situations. During our conversation, we talk about:
About Steven Benmor, B.Sc., LL.B., LL.M. (Family)
Steven Benmor, B.Sc., LL.B., LL.M. (Family)*
*Steven Benmor has been certified as a Family Law Specialist by the Law Society of Upper Canada, holds a Masters of Laws degree in Family Law and is an adjunct Professor of Family Law at Osgoode Hall Law School at York University.
Mr. Benmor helps parents and spouses regarding custody of, and access to, children, child support, spousal support, property division, pension division, separation agreements, paternity agreements, marriage contracts, restraining orders, mobility rights, grandparents’ rights to access, variations of prior Family law orders and agreements and child protection.
Mr. Benmor has represented clients through all stages of divorce and separation and works closely with experts in related disciplines including family counselors, financial advisors, mental health professionals, child protection workers, custody/access assessors, forensic accountants, business valuators and private investigators.
Since his call to the Bar in 1994, Mr. Benmor has held many executive positions in the legal community including:
- Chair of the Board of Directors for Access For Parents and Children in Ontario (Ontario’s largest supervised access center)
- Vice-Chair of the Family Law Section of the Ontario Bar Association (the voice of the legal profession in Ontario)
- Former Board Member of the Ontario Chapter of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (an interdisciplinary association of professionals dedicated to improving the lives of children and families through the resolution of family conflict)
- Former Board Member of the Ontario Network for the Prevention of Elder Abuse (a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to raising awareness about the abuse and neglect of older adults)
Mr. Benmor is a member of The Advocates Society, Toronto Lawyers Association and Family Lawyers Association.
Mr. Benmor is also a co-author of “The TASK – The Trusted Advisor’s Survival Kit” (LexisNexis, 2009).
Mr. Benmor is a highly sought-after educator, skilled negotiator and accomplished litigator. Moreover, he is sensitive to the needs of his clients and their children and is dedicated to professional excellence in achieving outstanding results for his clients.
Benmor Family Law Group
Benmor Family Law Group can advise you and represent you in all areas of Family Law including:
- Child Custody (Sole, Joint, Shared and Split)
- Access to Children
- Child Support
- Special & Extraordinary Expenses (daycare costs, extracurricular-activities, university costs and more)
- Monthly Spousal Support
- Lump-sum Spousal Support
- Property Division
- Pension Division
- Exclusive Possession of the Matrimonial Home
- Sale of Property
- Separation Agreements
- Paternity Agreements
- Marriage Contracts (Pre-nuptial Agreements)
- Restraining Orders
- Mobility Rights
- Grandparents’ Rights to Access
- Variations of Prior Orders and Agreements
- Child Protection
- Second Opinions
1836 Bathurst Street, Toronto, Ontario M5P 3K7
p (416) 489-8890 Visit Website