In addition to the live Zoom workshop hosted by Mary Bart, Chair of Caregiving Matters, we are posting a few of her articles that she wrote for the Canadian quarterly magazine called Caregiver Solutions. Happy reading.
Here are links to a few of her articles that look in depth at a variety of safety and lifestyle issues for seniors.
- The tale of Mom’s Jars.
An in-depth look at how to keep people with dementia safe and happy at home.
- Benefits of self-care
How and why to improve our appearance and to “clean up our act”
- Deadly crossings: Keeping older adults safer
A detailed look and practical tips to stay while out in the community.
- Taking a second look at out of town life
This article looks at rural living for seniors. It is a life not for sissies
- Cannabis Country
Is cannabis right for you? This article brings insights and testimonials from those who are benefiting from cannabis.
- The Risks and Realities of Drinking
It’s five o’clock somewhere but drinking as we age is not a good thing.
- I’m Doing It My Way
This article looks at the dangers and benefits of living alone as we get older.
Here is a seven part series about living alone as we get older. There are many safety tips in each article.
- Top Risks of Living Alone…Part 1-7
- Top Risks of Living Alone…Part 2-7
- Top Risks of Living Alone…Part 3-7
- Top Risks of Living Alone…Part 4-7
- Top Risks of Living Alone…Part 5-7
- Top Risks of Living Alone…Part 6-7
- Top Risks of Living Alone…Part 7-7
- Safety First – A Guide to being safe in the Spring/Summer
- You’ve Got a Friend
This article explores how important it is to stay socially engaged and connected to friends.