As we look to 2020, here are some wise suggestions for family caregivers.
- Take care of my own health & my spirit.
- Stay connected with my friends & family.
- Exercise as often as I can.
- Enjoy the good times.
- Be honest & truthful with my family.
- Limit my exposure and contact with negative, critical people.
- Know my boundaries.
- Be proud. My work and efforts matter.
- Escape when I can.
- Know what I can change and what I cannot change.
- Expect my family to pitch in and help.
- Make my care recipient feel guilty.
- Stop being an advocate.
- Stop doing what I love.
- Over Indulge.
- Expect that family members equally share responsibilities.
- Be mad about my life today.
- Abuse my loved one.
- Expect people to read my mind.
- Forget the paperwork.
By Mary Bart