Gord McNeice works at the Scotia Bank in Port Carling, Ontario. Throughout his career, he has met with many families dealing with their POA issues. During our conversation, he shares some insights into working with banks including:
- What should a person expect when walking into an Ontario bank as a Substitute Decision Marker?
- Explaining the different types of POA documents
- What can a Substitute Decision Maker do?
- What can a Substitute Decision Maker not do?
- Sharing an example of a client who has come into the bank
- For people who are concerned about their POA documents being in place, what should they do?